Installation & Care
Instruction Manuals are available for all Jeep Models & MEK Products Below
- Armor is designed for off-road trail protection, do not leave on for extended periods of time without regularly removing the Armor to clean it and the Jeep. A thin layer of dust and grime builds up from daily driving that may build-up under the Armor causing the panel to lift during higher speeds of travel.
- Remove the Armor roll from all packaging and peel out each panel carefully, starting at a corner and smoothly pulling along the seams to remove each panel. For gel-backed Armor, it is easiest to remove the nesting magnet material leaving only the Armor panels on the backing.
- Cold outside temperatures could affect the magnetic panel’s strength by making the Armor rigid, recommend allowing the Armor to warm to the recommended installation temperatures of 60-75 deg F.
- Gel-back Armor for JLs and JT installation could take 1-2 hours and is highly recommended to install before hitting the trails
- After removing panels from packaging, lay out allowing panels to fully flatten before application. If any Armor magnetic panel is shifted, misaligned or moved during use or installation, remove the entire panel and reposition to prevent scratching your vehicle’s surface.
- Once installed, use a microfiber cloth to wipe down each panel, applying light pressure, ensuring each panel is well bonded and all wind-facing edges have a clean, flat and flush installation.
- Please note, Jeep limited edition models may have badges in different locations, the Trail Rated badge must be repositioned to fit the designed magnet panel cutout, any additional badges must be removed, repositioned or the Jeep Armor panel modified to fit around them ensuring a flush panel fit to the Jeep body without any lifted sections.
- For new gel-back Armor: reapply clear plastic film to gel side and store flat when not in use.
CARE & MAINTENANCE:
- Remove Jeep Armor magnetic panels regularly, especially after harsh weather or temperature exposure. Use a microfiber cloth to wipe down each panel and Jeep side body.
- Clean with gentle soap and water. Do not use harsh detergents or rough surface scrubbers.
- For new gel-back Armor - use water only to rinse off any debris stuck to the gel side and allow to fully air dry before reinstalling back on Jeep or applying clear protective film for storage.
- Allow both sides of the Armor panels to air dry before reapplying to a clean and dry Jeep exterior
- When not using, store in a clean, dry place avoiding exposure to extreme temperatures
- Do not store in direct sunlight as damage or fading may result
- Store Jeep Armor magnetic panels on a flat and level surface. Reapply gel-back Armor to the clear plastic it came with to protect the gel surface and help keep it clean for the next use. Storing with insulation such as foam sheets between each set is recommended to protect against scuffing.
1 year for fade and craftsmanship